State Infrastructure Plan to Deliver Jobs & Economic Growth
The Government has released the 2017 update of the State Infrastructure Plan which underpins economic growth and supports jobs on the Gold Coast.
The Gold Coast can expect the delivery of critical infrastructure like the new $32.7 million primary school in Coomera, duplicating the Gold Coast heavy rail line and widening the M1 from Mudgeeraba to Varsity Lakes.
Since the release of the 2016 SIP Part B, there has been:
• 402 construction projects completed or underway
• $13 billion tourism infrastructure pipeline facilitated
• $5.4 billion for fully funded Cross River Rail
• $320 million infrastructure delivered for the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games
• 1200 megawatts of renewable energy projects confirmed
• 700 local government projects in regional areas through Works for Queensland
• 185 new social housing units constructed
• 129 kilometres of state-controlled road constructed
• Four new schools constructed
• Three new hospitals constructed
• Two new priority development areas created