These are the top five population growth hot spots by region in Queensland
1. North Lakes/Mango Hill Brisbane North 30,772 2,216
2. Pimpama Gold Coast 8161 2120
3. Dakabin/Kallangur Brisbane North 25,956 1410
4. Coomera Gold Coast 13324 1348
5. Deeragun Townsville 23,088 1311
(Pictured above: Choice Homes past and present highest sellers in Queensland)
Mr Matusik, director of independent property advisory Matusik Property Insights said his research found most population growth continued to take place in or within proximity to capital cities, and within those cities, most of the growth was in the outer suburbs.
The growth spots in the greater Brisbane region include Ipswich
, Moreton Bay and Logan
Outside of the capital cities, the top ten population growth nodes in the country include four Queensland regions — Gold Coast
/Tweed, Sunshine Coast, Townsville and Mackay.